To benefit the Whitney M. Young, Jr. Scholarship
Become a champion of scholarships for promising NYC students going to college!
We are asking you and a few good women and men to join our Work. Play Live. Campaign to support the NYUL Whitney M. Young, Jr. Scholarship Fund. As a champion you are charged with engaging your community of colleagues, friends and family to help raise a personal goal of $1,500 to support scholarships.
To raise $132,000 to be given to the Class of 2012 Whitney M. Young, Jr. Scholars
Today’s college students are overburden by student loan debt for education and yet, we know that a college education increases an individual’s earning power and changes the kinds of employment opportunities available in the future.
The power of one individual act can change the life circumstances of a deserving college bound student in need of financial assistance. Imagine what happens when we harness the power of many individuals!
1. Register Here to be assigned to a Campaign Team Captain and commit to a personal fundraising goal of $1,500
2. Team Captains will provide you with a fundraising kit to help record and keep track of your fundraising progress and email weekly tips and information to keep you motivated
3. Engage the people you know where you Work, Play, and Live to make a charitable contribution to support scholarships.
DONATE - If you would like to make an immediate contribution to the Whitney M. Young, Jr. Scholarship, click the donate button below.
About the Whitney M. Young, Jr. Scholarship
Established in 1973, the Whitney M. Young Jr. Scholarship (WMY Jr.) Fund provides scholarship assistance for underserved college bound New York City students that show academic promise and drive.
As a result of the Whitney M. Young, Jr. Scholarship Fund:
• Over $20 million has been given in scholarships
• Nearly 4,000 college bound students have received assistance
• In 2011 a total of 43 students received scholarships