Historically Black Colleges and Universities Fair
Our annual HBCU Fair, in partnership with the New York Urban League Young Professionals, attracts over 3,000 New York City high school students, out-of-state high school students, and their parents. Located at the Riverbank State Park facility in Harlem, the event features more than 45 HBCUs, some of which provide on-site admissions and scholarship awards, and also includes interactive workshops on college admissions, applying for financial aid, preparing for the first year in college, and succeeding on standardized entry exams.
30th Annual Historically Black Colleges and Universities Fair
Saturday, November 12, 2016
Riverbank State Park
679 Riverside Drive at 145th Street
New York, NY 10031
This year’s fair will host several workshops available for students, parents, teachers, counselors, and anyone interested in higher education. Please see the list of workshops below that will take place throughout the day.
Workshops begin at 11:15am
- A Parent’s Guide to College: Preparation Checklist
- College Admissions Test: A Preview of the NEXT SAT
- Paying for College: Scholarships, Grants, Loans & FAFSA prep
- Local Options: CUNY & SUNY
- The HBCU Experience Panel & Presentation
HBCU Fair Checklist
Students be sure to arrive prepared!
Here is a helpful checklist that can maximize your HBCU Fair experience.
- Make sure to bring 3-5 copies of your transcript (1-2 official copies)
- Make sure to bring 3-5 copies of SAT/ACT scores
- Make sure to 3-5 copies of your resume ( list of extra-curricular activities and volunteer work)
- Prepare questions to ask the college representatives
- Bring a small notebook and pen to record information
HBCU Past Participating Schools List
The MALCOLM BERNARD HBCU COLLEGE FAIR Inc. TOUR PARTICIPATING COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES: